We want you to achieve perfection in a glass with each and every pour. Pouring the perfect beer is not just about presentation, but more importantly about taste. Proper technique will maximize flavor, aroma, and mouthfeel while also producing the appropriate amount of head and releasing carbonation. When drinking and serving quality brew, the end result should taste exactly the way the brewmaster intended.
How to Pour the Perfect Beer
- Make sure your system is perfectly balanced. Deviations from the recommended brewers pressure can alter the taste, the foaminess, and the appearance of the beer. If the system is not balanced, even the BEST bartender can’t pour a perfect pint.
- Store your kegs at the optimal temperature. Remember it takes beer a full 24 hours or longer in the cooler to come to temperature and to settle. Temperature fluctuations can lead to a flat taste or too much foam at the time of dispensing.
- Use a clean glass. Unwanted residue may effect the head retention as well as the flavor and aroma – plus it’s just icky! If there are bubble on the glass surface, it means you are dealing with an unclean glass. CO2 gas will leave the beer and attach to any film residue left from detergent, lint, or other foreign matter on the surface of the glass.
- When pouring from the tap, don’t ever let the faucet touch the inside of the glass or the beer. Hold the glass at a 45-degree angle when pouring. The beer should initially flow down the side of the glass. Gradually tilt the glass upright so that you finish pouring straight down the middle of the glass. This will allow for a proper head to help trap flavors and aroma from escaping. An ideal head should be 1″ to 1-1/2″. It should form quickly, not get out of control, and then linger for a decent amount of time.
- Be sure you are serving and drinking out of clean beer lines that are void of beerstone, bacteria, and mold. Unclean beer lines can quickly destroy the flavor of your beer and make it unsanitary.
- Take your time. Fully enjoy all aspects of your perfection in a glass. Quality beer is not meant to be guzzled, it is meant to be experienced.
Beer is our passion and this is evident in everything we do. We deliver the perfect pour from our draft beer systems, every time. Call today to become our next satisfied customer!