When you are in a relationship, Valentine’s Day can be a lot of pressure! Our advice this year is to skip the reservations and fighting through the crowds. Stay in and enjoy a delicious meal any beer lover will drool over. Choose some of these easy recipes and make the day truly special and intimate!
- There is no better way to start the evening off than with some exquisite beer and cheese pairings. We suggest matching the intensity of the beer with the intensity of the flavor of the cheese. Lighter beers, such as pale lagers or wheats, pair very well with lighter fresh cheeses such as fresh mozzarellas/burratas or chèvres. Strong beers such as Belgian quads, imperial stouts, and barleywines can stand up to older, more pungent cheeses. Choosing cheeses and beers from the same region is also a fun way to experiment with pairings. Check out this cheat sheet for more ideas.
- You are going to want to make a double batch of these Super Soft Butter and Beer Dinner Rolls from the Beeroness. Melt in your mouth, give me all the carbs, goodness – because you can’t say Valentine’s Day with out bread!
- These 5 Delicious Beer Salad Dressing Recipes are so tasty, you will forget you’re eating salad!
Main Course (so many choices!)
- Beer-Marinated Steaks with Peppercorn Sauce
- Stout-Soaked Porterhouse with Beer Butter
- Beer and Honey Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Balsamic Beer Braised Pork Recipe
- Pasta with Spicy Tomato-Beer Sauce
- If you or your honey are in the mood for seafood, try these amazing pairings. Or try this recipe for Seared Scallops with Brown Butter Beer Sauce.
The Sweet Spot
- Guinness Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Beer Churros with Chocolate Stout Sauce
- Mud Pie with Beer Ice Cream
- Beer Brownies made with Coffee Stout Beer
- IPA Lemon Bars
- Here are some Tips for Pairing Beer with other Desserts.
Whatever you choose to do for Valentine’s Day, drink a cold one for us… Cheers!