A night out with friends drinking beer can be exactly what the doctor ordered. But sometimes after a busy or hectic week, a night at home with friends drinking beer can suit your mood a little more. Drinking beer with friends at home also allows you to show off your creativity in the form of beer snacks!
Traditionally, beer snacks are salty. Why is that? Many are under the impression that bars serve salty snacks because it makes you thirsty and therefore likely to purchase more beer. This is partly true, but there is another reason. Salt is used as a universal flavor booster because at low concentrations it can reduce bitterness, while increasing sweet, sour, and savory flavors. This can even out the flavor of your beer and induce a smoother taste. On the opposite end of the spectrum, alcohol enhances the taste of salt and fat on our palates making salty, fatty snacks the perfect complement to your evening of beer drinking!
Beer Snacks for the Win:
- Sliders are the perfect size for a night of snacking. And these two recipes not only have great flavors, they allow for ahead of time assembly to make it easier. Try Cuban Sliders, Chicken Parm Sliders, or French Dip Sliders.
- Nuts are always a great beer snack – kick it up a notch with these flavorful recipes. Maple Chipotle Spiced Nuts, Savory and Spicy Rosemary Roasted Mixed Nuts, and Smoky Spicy Roasted Almonds should hit the spot.
- Who can pass up chips and dip? Not me! Especially if you serve Beef Enchilada Dip, Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip or Hot Corn Dip.
- You know we can’t leave out the bacon. It is practically it’s own food group! Here are 15 Delicious Bacon Appetizer Recipes that will not disappoint.
- If dessert is on your mind, we have pulled together all the Tips for Pairing Beer With Dessert.
If the friends you invite over aren’t yet into craft beer, never fear. We have the how-to for Introducing Your Friends to Craft Beer. And if you would like to serve your friends from your very own Residential Draft System, we can take care of that as well!