Independence Day is not only our nation’s celebration of freedom, but it is also a day to celebrate freedom from the daily grind. It is a quintessentially American holiday when friends, neighbors, and family will gather together for good fun, good food, and of course good beer. The Fourth of July is the country’s top beer-drinking holiday with more than $1 billion spent on cold brews each year — more than the cost of burgers and hot dogs combined!
What do we recommend you serve on this fine holiday? There are some great refreshing suggestions in our Beers of Summer list – because you know it will be hot! Beyond that, we would have to say that the answer you question depends on what you are grilling.
- White IPA – pairs well with grilled chicken, pork, or spicy seafood (think low country boil).
- Blonde Ale – this would be the recommendation if you are serving wood fired pizzas with a light summery salad.
- Wheat Beer – perfect compliment to fish tacos and other grilled seafood.
- Pale Ale – pass one of these out with each of your perfectly grilled cheeseburgers.
- Amber Ale – the slight sweetness and spiciness will complement all your best pulled pork and BBQ rib recipes.
- Brown Ale – these beauties have an earthy flavor that your turkey and veggie burger friends will love.
- Dark Lager – for all you steak lovers, of course!
- German Lager – you can’t go wrong pairing this up with brats or sausages. Check out this list of topping and sides for your brats.
- American Pilsner – perfect for those who want a simple beer with a refreshing crispness to pair with anything coming off the grill!
If you prefer cooking with your beer in addition to drinking it this 4th of July, you will want to read all the tips here first.
At Draft Beer Services, we know beer. We have a passion for beer and we care about the way beer is served. We want you to deliver the perfect pint from your draft beer system, every time. Let us know what you are serving up this Independence Day!